Saturday, January 26, 2013

Self Awareness: I Look at You, I See Myself

This post is about the concept of self awareness.  In some ways I think it defines me even more than anxiety.  Self awareness can feel awkward, brutally awkward when your self awareness involves self judgement.

I think it hit me as an epiphany one day that all this time I spent looking out at the world, scanning, what I was seeing was other people, versus what they were seeing was me.  So, I had the self-as-object looking out view, in addition to the self-awareness-of-self-object-looking-out view. 

It was a wierd thing to become aware of.  It made me hyper aware of myself, knowing that I was being looked at as an object of attention.  I started being aware of my facial expressions alot more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment